Sunday, June 10, 2007

"I love you, too," and other words that we couldn't say

Bull in Shibuya, or where the Fashion Club had our next nomi-kai. Nice atmosphere, arty and chill

Kakeshi and I are throwing up some very different signs

Reppin' the Dynasty

Some of the girls with Ducky-san the Bubble-maker

part of the post title comes from a Cowboy Bebop (yep, it's an anime) song that I used to looove back in middle school. I would play it over and over on the computer, and without fail my mom would put down whatever she was doing and say dramatically, screwing up her face, "You know Gina, sometimes I think you're a little bit funny. Do you know what this sounds like? Ghanaian Death music." I'd say I loved funerals and explain to her what a hater is, she'd laugh unkindly at my penchant for the melancholy, and Daddy, coming out of nowhere, would shuffle by saying something about Kabuki.

that anecdote is only tangentially related to what I'm trying to get at, but I guess I miss my parents a little more than I thought :)

anyway back to this weekend's nomi-kai... kids here in general are really cool, and as interested in me as I am in them. more of the same was going on at this nomi-kai party then there was the one guy saying who kept saying "I love you" in English and messing with my headband... at first it was funny, but when he came back and started doing it again at the end of the night, his actions took on a shade of something less fun.

no, not at all in that way... I just felt like a thing. like his toy, there for his amusement. and it's not only because of the alcohol or him - well, maybe the alcohol a good bit - I felt that way with a lot of different people that night. call on me and I can spit out a fancy expression here and there, and boy if you ask me where I come from, I can tell you so fast and in so many ways it would make your head spin! but that's it. nothing real, you know. don't ask me what I think about anything, because I can't tell you and you don't want to hear.

now there is nothing romantic about the rising frustration one might feel in being able to get nothing but stuttered nonsense out of one's mouth, but I kind of like setting my sadness to a little Amerie... no, not "1 Thing," fool. though that is a sassy song. I'm talking about "Rolling Down My Face." In fact, I think we should make it the vid of the week!


no idea who this guy is, but props anyways

I know I should focus on studying more and being patient and all
, but these things is what they is...

No comments: